Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Water Marble

Decent-looking water marbles have continually evaded me for quite some time now.  Before I started blogging, I had attempted multiple times but the colours always looked muddy or bled together or had billions of bubbles.  Last night, all that changed. 

Since this is the last week of dance for the school year, we're doing some fun stuff this week.  Today all the intermediates and seniors and a couple teachers are going to a friend's house for a pool party (and water aerobics, apparently) so I wanted something fun and summery on my nails.  I have no idea what possessed me to try a water marble again after the failures I've had with it in the past, but I'm so glad I did!  For some of you who consistently do amazing water marbles this may seem like a fail, but for me this is a huge WATER MARBLE WIN.  (Anyone else read that like Tobuscus?)

Moving on; I started with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On, and did the marbling with Essie Action, Essie Watermelon, and OPI Don't Touch My Tutu.  My camera was freaking out because the colours were so bright, so imagine the orange as less-yellow-more-orange, and the pink is more pink-y.  Yea. You get it. Two coats Seche Vite.  Pictures!





I swear I re-did my index finger 4 times, but the colours kept bleeding and it refused to turn out like the others.  Oh well.  What do you guys think of my water marble?

Also, don't forget to enter my 100 Follower Giveaway! Now open to Canada and the US! :)

16 comments:

  1. very pretty! love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They look prettier in real life though :)

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome! The colours go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful marble!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job, sometimes I just simply don;t have the patience to do it!! But when they go right, it looks beautiul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got a bit impatient when it came to doing my right hand though, so those ones aren't near as nice, haha.

      Delete
  5. wow these are gorgeous! and im jealous of your nails!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so pretty! I love this colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job on the water marble win, Emma! They're so perfect for a pool party too--they look like pretty hibiscus flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. The colours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulosity... I've seen so many cool designs, I must tackle this one day. It reminds of the shape on the hot air balloon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...